Thanks to all your suggestions and ideas, AdvenJo is ready for a series of blogs to share itineraries on several destinations best voted by you’ll for the New Year’s Eve Celebration. Say goodbye 2014 with us in a wonderful manner.
This time we start with USA to be our first blog. Everytime we hear of New Year’s Eve in USA, we here of either Las Vegas or New York. But this year welcome 2015 in a different manner at the Disney World, Orlando with all your family from kids to oldies. Its place for everyone.
From celebrations in the theme parks to an upscale dining experience and dancing on Disney's BoardWalk, take your pick of how you want to ring in the New Year. If previous years are an indication, park-goers will be given party hats and noise makers to ring in the New Year. There will also be elaborate light displays that will decorate the skies over each park (except Animal Kingdom) at the stroke of midnight. Park visitors can expect extra live entertainment in the parks and should check their Times Guide for locations and times.
Parks and parking lots fill to capacity early on New Years Eve. Guests staying at Disney-owned resorts should plan on using Disney's transportation to reach the parks. The Magic Kingdom and Epcot parks almost always reach capacity at some point during the day on New Years Eve. We recommend arriving at your preferred park early and staying throughout the day. Park hopping is not advised and may not be permitted on New Year's Eve. Late-comers may find themselves spending New Years Eve day at Animal Kingdom if they wait too long to arrive at the parks.
To make a long day more comfortable, pack warmer clothes for the evening and stow them in one of the theme park lockers (early if you would like to get one). Guest often spend 16 hours or more in the parks on New Years Eve; we suggest getting plenty of sleep the night before.
Make dinner reservations for one of the park restaurants well in advance, and make them for a little earlier than you actually expect to eat. Crowds can cause many park restaurants to run behind. After dinner stakeout your spot for the celebration. As the day wears on, navigating crowds will become increasingly difficult, especially for those with small children, strollers, motorized scooters, or wheelchairs.
New Year's Eve is one of the busiest days (and nights) of the year in the parks. That being said, it can be spectacular, even for those over 30 - as long as you plan well in advance.
NYE at Magic Kingdom
Magic Kingdom Park Hours
Magic Kingdom Park typically celebrates New Year's Eve for two nights, on both December 30th and 31st. One might think of December 30th in the Magic Kingdom as a full dress rehearsal for the big event, complete with live DJs and dance parties!
• See the Magic Kingdom's special New Year's Eve fireworks on December 30th when they are also shown. This park is insanely crowded on NYE! Plus, you'll be able to see a second NYE celebration at Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios. If you have your heart set on attending this park on NYE, however, be sure to be inside before 10:30 a.m. as the park could close to some or all visitors for brief periods throughout the afternoon.
• While alcoholic beverages are readily available at outdoor kiosks and stands in both Disney's Hollywood Studios park, Epcot, as well as Animal Kingdom park, Magic Kingdom park does not serve alcohol with the exception of select beers and wines available at the Be Our Guest restaurant with dinner only. Thus, while Magic Kingdom does get extremely crowded on NYE, it tends to throw the most kid/family-friendly celebration.
• The NYE fireworks in the Magic Kingdom are spectacular and are shot over the castle as well as all around the park perimeter. Even the midnight countdown is done in fireworks that form the actual numbers. Those wishing to view Magic Kingdom's special fireworks from outside the parks can do so from the observation deck on the 4th floor of the Contemporary Resort, from the beaches (piped in music) of the Polynesian Resort, from the marina dock (piped in music) at the Grand Floridian Resort and from Transportation and Ticket Center along the walkway to Ferry loading area (breathtaking free views with piped in music), as well as restaurants such as California Grill or Narcoossees, or for a large group a fireworks cruise (see Epcot tips for more info on special event firework cruises).
NYE at Epcot
Epcot Park Hours
2013 Hours Dec 31: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
• Epcots midnight fireworks include a special salute to each country as, one at a time, fireworks are launched over each pavilion and traditional music plays. Look for more fireworks over the pavilions during the Countdown and a huge firework finale. Additional space is usually set up for NYE firework viewing on either side of the promenade walking from Future World to World Showcase.
• New Year's Eve is the one night of the year where guests can take backstage bypasses to quickly get from Future World to World Showcase. Bring a blank to sit on and enjoy the show.
• For a uniquely different way for a group to see Epcot's firework finale, consider booking a private fireworks cruise, complete with champagne! Securing one of these cruises is not for the faint of heart, however.
NYE at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Hollywood Studios Park Hours
2013 Hours Dec 31: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
• Of the 3 parks with midnight fireworks displays, historically, Disney's Hollywood Studios tends to be a little less crowded than the rest.
• The fireworks in this park are shot from the roofs of buildings in the area and they are spectacular! For the best view of Disney's Hollywood Studios fireworks, find a spot on Hollywood Boulevard facing Mickey Sorcerer’s Hat.
So get ready to welcome 2015 with mesmerizing and memorable experiences from all over the world, powered to you by AdvenJo.